Kent Rural Careers will store all data from sign up forms submitted to this site. If you do not want your information to be stored or you wish to unsubscribe from the mailing list please email email@example.com writing UNSUBSCRIBE in the subject header. You can also unsubscribe at any time by writing to Kent Rural Careers, Rural PLC (Kent), Hadlow College, Hadlow, Kent. Kent Rural Careers is not responsible for privacy practices of third party websites linked to this site. Kent Rural Careers undertakes not to disclose any of your personal information to third parties without your consent. Kent Rural Careers follows strict security procedures in the storage of your personal information to prevent unauthorised access.
In accordance with the Data Protection Act, this policy gives you information about how Kent Rural Careers treats personal information received from our web site visitors.
What is personal information?
Personal information is defined as information about you that is personally identifiable such as your title, name, address, email address and phone number.
Information collection and use
We collect visitor information from time to time in the following sections of the web site/s: Contact, Join our Mailing list, apply for a job and ‘I’m Interested in this career’. We respect your privacy and will not rent, sell or share personal information about you with other people or non-affiliated companies.
We may from time to time update this policy. Please check this page regularly for notification of any significant changes in the way we treat your personal information. May 2014
Data Protection Policy
Our data protection policy sets out our commitment to protecting personal data and how we implement that commitment with regards to the collection and use of personal data. We are committed to:
- ensuring that we comply with the eight data protection principles, as listed below
- meeting our legal obligations as laid down by the Data Protection Act 1998
- ensuring that data is collected and used fairly and lawfully
- processing personal data only in order to meet our operational needs or fulfill legal requirements
- taking steps to ensure that personal data is up to date and accurate
- establishing appropriate retention periods for personal data
- ensuring that data subjects’ rights can be appropriately exercised
- providing adequate security measures to protect personal data
- ensuring that a nominated member of staff is responsible for data protection compliance and provides a point of contact for all data protection issues
- ensuring that all staff are made aware of good practice in data protection
- providing adequate training for all staff responsible for personal data
- ensuring that everyone handling personal data knows where to find further guidance
- ensuring that queries about data protection, internal and external to the organisation, is dealt with effectively and promptly
- regularly reviewing data protection procedures and guidelines within the organisation
Data protection principles
- Personal data shall be processed fairly and lawfully
- Personal data shall be obtained for one or more specified and lawful purposes, and shall not be further processed in any manner incompatible with that purpose or those purposes
- Personal data shall be adequate, relevant and not excessive in relation to the purpose or purposes for which they are processed
- Personal data shall be accurate and, where necessary, kept up to date
- Personal data processed for any purpose or purposes shall not be kept for longer than is necessary for that purpose or those purposes
- Personal data shall be processed in accordance with the rights of data subjects under the Data Protection Act 1998
- Appropriate technical and organisational measures shall be taken against unauthorised and unlawful processing of personal data and against accidental loss or destruction of, or damage to, personal data
- Personal data shall not be transferred to a country or territory outside the European Economic Area unless that country or territory ensures an adequate level of protection for the rights and freedoms of data subjects in relation to the processing of personal data